[ Rules ] [ ot / g / sty ] [ pt / snow / int ] [ meta / cream ] [ Discord ]

/ot/ - off-topic

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Youtube
Password (For post deletion)
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
| Catalog

/int/ has been opened to discuss cows in your native language.
Read the rules and usage info before posting.

File: 1495182046471.jpg (534.69 KB, 2000x1331, poa3nvir48.jpg)

No. 191069[Reply]

Is anyone in a interracial relationship right now? Even if you're not, discuss your thoughts, feelings, experiences, hesitations, fears, etc. about them.

My relationships have always been interracial because of where I live and even though my boyfriend is Hispanic like my exes, he looks extremely white because he's mixed - colored eyes, light hair, pale skin, etc. I've been kind of afraid of what people might think because I'm an Asian girl. I wouldn't ever stop dating him because of this, but I don't want people to assume I'm self-hating, hate Asian guys, or worship white dudes, as is the stereotype. I'm really proud of my heritage and would've dated one if I could ever find one who didn't look and act like the usual Asian American guy (tan, buff, not boyish/pretty, doesn't care about his culture, doesn't speak his parent language, etc.) I've never gotten weird looks or anything but I wonder how people would feel if we moved to a place that had a higher white/Asian population. Maybe I'm just too in my head about it.
135 posts and 5 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192487

I'm white and I've dated various races successfully, but I have an ex who is Korean and abusive af, and he blamed all his abusive behaviors on his heritage (despite being raised in America). Left a real bad taste in my mouth, ngl. Hopefully he dies alone.

No. 192521

>>192487
Lel dumb koreaboo.

No. 192522

>>192482
Have some self respect you idiot. Again, if he doesn't stand up for you now he never will.

Why do people put themselves through this unhappiness just to seem trendy or satisfy some weird race fetish?

No. 192523

>>192370
Literally every statement here is wrong. Confucianism doesn't have anything to do with monogamy, isn't similar to Christianity (it's not even a metaphysical philosophy) and was born in China.

No. 192524

>>192487
I remember reading about this phenomenon of "born again Koreans" among Korean Americans who turn into nationalists around college age.



File: 1441827802612.png (14.54 KB, 325x225, vegan.png)

No. 34649[Reply]

Thread to discuss veganism, why veganism sucks, why veganism is good, vegan youtubers and whatever else.
175 posts and 7 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 191910

>>191886
A lot of people have this misconception that vegans just sit around eating leaves and that's thanks to people with eating disorders like orthorexia and people who eat vegan as a fad diet.

The other anon is baiting, vegans don't starve themselves (I've certainly never seen anyone starving when eating carbs). But vegans can be just as unhealthy as non-vegans sometimes. Technically oreos are vegan but it doesn't make then a health food. Unfortunately, a lot of trendy American recipes feature a lot of sugar, fat and oil because that's what Americans are used to eating when non-vegan anyway. The rest of the world doesn't eat that way and if they did once they became vegan (thinking it's normal vegan food), they'd gain a lot of weight.

No. 192109

>>191897
That's nice except your post(s) are referring to vegans in general. You can't starve yourself while simultaneously carrying excess body fat, you fucking retard.

No. 192110

>>191910
Did you seriously type out a whole paragraph to explain this to me when I was obviously being sarcastic? I was just pointing out the contradictory nature of their vegan stereotypes and wanted to see them mental-gymnast it out for me.

No. 192155

>>192110
You need a break from the Internet.

No. 192520

>>192155
Sounds like you need to heed your own advice.



File: 1493852479573.jpg (93.34 KB, 1280x720, childhood.jpg)

No. 189220[Reply]

The good, bad, ugly, funny, and crazy.

Childhood stories are always an interesting read.
>What was your first memory?
>Did your parents do anything so embarrassing it stuck with you forever?
>did you have a group of friends you did weird stuff with?
>Have you ever stolen anything trivial/odd as a child?
>Did you ever do anything that was a "big deal" but you were too young to understand what you did?

do tell!
71 posts and 12 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192326

>>190762
>surgeon

Don't worry anon, allsurgeons are sociopaths. It's fine though, because we really need you to be, just don't kill people for thrills and we're good.

No. 192369

File: 1495842068476.gif (137.13 KB, 340x340, kek.gif)

>>190312
Oh god this just brought back long lost memory of me being a thieving bastard.
>be about 10/11 years old
>sims 2 is the best thing to ever grace us
>I only had 2 shitty "stuff" expansion packs since my parents thought it was a waste of money buying the 15 extra expansions that are out
>My friend who was a bit of a victim throughout her school career had ALL of them
>we used to play at hers because of this
>"hey anon I know you like these expansions how about you download them and give me the discs back"
>omg thanks so much anon you're the best
>go home and spend 3 weeks straight on the game till i burn out
>I still hang out with this friend and she never mentioned wanting the Discs back
>months go buy and my family are doing a trip to the game store
>hey i don't use these 15 expansion packs
>takes them to the store to trade and makes profit
>actual day after I do this "Hi anon are you still playing with those expansion packs? I would like them back"
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.

No. 192372

I'm mid 20s now, but when I was 10/11years old, at lunch, the whole of my year used to play Iraqis and Americans, kind of like Cowboys and Indians except we would throw invisible or wood chip grenades at each other (I don't know why the teachers didn't stop this.) One kid climbed up a massive net climbing frame, I'm imagining around 20 feet plus and shouted "IRAQIPAKI!!!" jumping from the top, I guess this was some sort of jihad, snapped his arm.

No. 192507

I stole something from basically my only friend from age 0-10.

I still feel shitty about it too.

I was probably around 7-8 at the time, old enough to know it was wrong. My parents were very poor, so I only got a new toy every once in a while, typically birthday and christmas, maybe one here and there if I was good. My friend's family wasn't wealthy but they bought her a LOT of toys. Basically anything new that came out (90's trendy toys), fancy new computer games, tech stuff/laptops, super nintendo games, etc. She had boxes and boxes of toys.

I remember once time she got this neat toy set that came with probably close to 30 cute customization figures. I really fell in love with one. I asked her if I could have it (lol just have it, not borrow it because I was a brat). She said no. I was really upset, because I really really wanted it and there was no way in hell my parents would buy it for me.

So before I went home after our sleepover, I snuck into her room pretending I forgot something and stole it.

She only asked me once if I knew what happened to it and I feigned ignorance. I still feel like garbage to this day.

On the flip side, I had a friend in middle school who I discovered stole from me tons of times, plus a lot of my stuff got wrecked (including some really now valuable magical girl toys) when part of our house collapsed when I was in high school. I most likely deserved it.

No. 192519

>>189465
This is an adorable memory, anon

>>190577
My sister was my biggest bully for years too! She was a lot like yours, really. Humiliating me in front of her friends, saying awful things to me, getting into physical fights with me constantly. When I was maybe three or four years old, she and a neighbor girl made me pee in the corner of her bedroom while laughing hysterically at me. That might be my earliest memory, which is fucked up. She would also do this thing when we'd fight where she'd gauge my arms with her nails really badly, but then accuse me of "cat fighting" when I'd kick her.

Needless to say, we're not close as adults. I haven't even seen her in maybe 6 years.



File: 1495763549292.png (90.9 KB, 500x500, 1490929851614.png)

No. 192245[Reply]

>oily acne-prone skin w acne scars
>eurasian
>heard hapas have worst skin because mixed??? not sure if that's true though
>don't know if asian products work better on me than western products
>if asian products do work they are not vegan or cruelty-free
>drinks a lot of water and green tea
>vegan diet so eating healthy
>lives in humid weather 24/7
i've been reading about the 10 step skincare routine… is it legit?

No. 192290

I don't think hapas have bad skin. I'm hapa and I take terrible care of my skin and I look just fine.

No. 192307

>>192245
Have you tried removing gluten/bread from your diet? If not Id suggest starting there.

As for skin care, personally I think the 10 step roitine is a bit excessive. I find you only need to use around 4-6 things nightly to keep you skin well maintained. My routine consist of, face wash, serum, eye creme, toner, and moisturizer. I find the key is to alternate the products you use. By that I mean 2-3 nights out of the week use an exfoltiating cleanser instead of your usual, or use a mask once a week instead of toning. Also for my daytme routine I usually just apply a serum, mousturizer, toner, and
Sunblock after washing my face.

Mind you Im pretty light with my makeup, so If you you're not I'd imagine you'd have to add a couple more things to your routine.

If your need of some vegan product recommendations, Id suggest you try the Grapefruit Glycolic Face Wash by Made from Earth. Though I personally find it a bit too strong for regular use with my combination skin. I think it would do well for someone with oily skin.

No. 192515

I have sensitive and acne prone skin. Going vegan made a huge difference, before I had constant breakouts and now only an occasional zit. I switched to this routine to help control oil and even out my skin tone (I have some redness and acne scars)

Every night I use alba botanical even advanced cleanser and Andalou cosmetics 1000 roses day cream, I do the same some mornings but 3 days a week I give my skin a break and just rinse my face.

Twice a week I use herbivore's blue tansy face mask. I really recommend this! It has made a HUGE difference in my skin, it looks so much smoother now. I also use lush's black charcoal face mask once a week.

I make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day, avoid touching my face, and stay away from processed food. I tried a lot of different products that made my acne worse before I found a routine that works for me, so if this doesn't work don't be discouraged!

No. 192518

>>192290
Well that's nice for you? I'm hapa too and I have ok skin, but I do get the occasional cystic pimple on my chin every few weeks, no matter what I do. Only on my chin and one at a time, but still



File: 1492912521171.png (275.35 KB, 1242x1831, IMG_1442.PNG)

No. 187810[Reply]

Let's talk about/speculate people who have had work done. Now I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it, however it starts becoming a problem when these people claim it to be real. I'll start the thread with a fairly popular Instagram model/dancer ms_alottabootie. Recently she appeared on the Wendy Williams show (https://youtu.be/BfBE9MxxaiI) impressing many in the audience as well as her staff. However what bothered me is the fact she claimed her most noticeable asset (no pun intended) was 100% real, not even one fat transfer done. However if you look at her Instagram you'll see obvious signs that she had work done such as scars, a lumpy texture on her stomach from liposuction, and oddly shaped hips that many surgeons give to people for some reason. The picture is a comparison of her from 4 years ago to now.
108 posts and 35 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192502

>>192501
>>192375
You know if she stopped doing that overfilled, Instahoe upper lip look I could say this is salvageable…

IF and ONLY IF I don't recognize this as the poor sister shadow of Miley Cyrus who literally turned herself into a different person because she found her own look so mediocre.

No. 192508

File: 1495949215876.jpg (32.29 KB, 500x282, large.jpg)


No. 192510

>>192501
She looks like a burn victim, scary

No. 192513

>>192391
Are you drunk? Miley, attractive?
All the women in that family are horrendous.

No. 192516

>>192501
what the fuck, this is literally unsettling from a distance lmao



File: 1494359178106.png (396.21 KB, 1268x444, mine.png)

No. 189885[Reply]

Inspired by thread >>>/ot/189595

What's your basic bitch fashion, farmer?

Itens you can't live without?
Ask for help to shape up your style, etc.
Do you follow any weeby fashion trends, or you like Western style clothing better?

We've had many recet threads asking for help to get a better personal style, but I think images would help a lot.

This is mine. I'm simple and always go for darker tones. Quite boring and I don't like to stand out, but I'm happy with it.
(Yes, I'm crazy for hand sanitizer. Yes, I know I shouldn't overuse it, but it's hard)
273 posts and 66 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192367

>>192328
You mean opaque right..

No. 192368

>>192358
>>192367
My mistake. Point still stands, though.

No. 192476

I was told that I dressed very "Sub Pop" once, but my style is basically tumblr 2013 hipster. I know it's a stupid look but they're the only clothes I feel comfortable in. I usually wear some plaid dress shirt I made into a ratty crop top with high waisted jeans and combat boots or:

> dumb band shirt or solid autumn colored t-shirt

> shirt is tucked into A-Line skirt
> plaid mohair cardigan or big grey pullover
> black tights & knit thigh highs if it's cold
> toggle-fastened vintage booties

Dressing sophisticated scares me.

No. 192480

>>192129
Fatties probably dress better than you if you aren't being ironic with this post.

No. 192514

File: 1495951311419.jpg (98.09 KB, 640x814, IMG_1899.JPG)

>>190692
I'd blur out my face and post in a /fa/ style outfit of the day thread for sure. I'd like to see that happen but doubt it will.

Also here is my go-to look when I'm not sitting in my apartment in my underwear/pajamas



File: 1426681323597.jpg (74.11 KB, 960x640, image.jpg)

No. 3463[Reply]

How long has it been since your last confession?
Get it off your chest, farmers.
370 posts and 22 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192504

>>192498
A mixture of both. I do have a problem but I rarely try to starve myself. I was out today and didn't realize the only thing I've had was coffee.

It was scary, I had to drop my clothes in the dressing room and go to the food court. I felt so stupid.

No. 192505

>>192504
It's actually surprisingly common, people forget stuff like that all the time, don't worry. A good idea is to set an alarm or something around lunchtime if it happens consistently. Just keep at it and you'll push through, i believe in you.

No. 192506

I like watching end of life and death videos on Youtube because I feel marginally better that at least right now I'm not dying a horrible death or putting my family in pain.
And well, 'save it for another day' I guess. For as long as possible.

I sonder at how death is going to come for us all and really how most of us will be forgotten in three generations or less.

No. 192511

i keep thinking about booze. i'm about 4 months sober and it's all i think about. i never had a huge problem, but one was developing.
i want to get that fuzzy headspace, drown out my mental illnesses.

i want to drink, but i've done so well and i don't want to disappoint my family, or myself.

No. 192512

>>192511
You can do it dude. Go for a walk, get to some places where booze is unavailable every time you feel the urge. You can do it.



File: 1495628751326.jpg (9.95 KB, 250x250, 1495284935523.jpg)

No. 191925[Reply]

Anyone else have extreme male envy? Not in a "men are priveliged i want it too reee" but as in i hate being born with this hole between my legs. I hate being viewed as less competent and i hate that the majority of people (usually subconcious) hate women in some way, myself included. I wish i could love women and be proud of my gender but it's hard when all i hear of is the revolutionary males in science, philosophy etc. And when most men regarded as historically brilliant think they "have no capability to think complex thoughts" and are "lesser men" it really makes the gears grind.

Not to mention being physically weaker. I get so mad everytime i'm reminded i have to work 4x as hard to even get nearly as strong as a normal guy. A guy could fucking murder me without any tools if he wanted to (they probably want to), and i hate it. I'm relatively buff (for a woman xdxdxd) and always carry some kind of weapon (not guns, illegal), but i'm still paranoid. I wish i was born with an extra Y-chromosome.
139 posts and 14 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192304

>>192301
Said no person ever

No. 192317

I don't envy men. I was really fortunate to have a lot of men and women in my life support anything I did. My mom was/is the breadwinner of our family, and my father is a pretty reserved fellow.

In that vein, I don't envy, but pity, men that are unable to express their emotions or "cut loose", if that means anything.

I don't pity men, but I do pity people in general for thinking their gender disallows them from getting the full human experience.

People like to say that women are irrational, but forget that a lot of men are irrational as well. Maybe they don't voice their opinions or emotions as much, but that is a great indicator of how much work they need to do emotionally. It's okay to admit you did something wrong, y'all. It makes you a better person.

No. 192322

Like some of you, I was told to so the house work while my brother could do whatever he wanted. I always thought it was so fucked up as a kid, but my mom told me that it's a woman's place. Needless to say, I was an extremely rebellious teen. Fuck being a slave to males just because I was born without a Y. We're not living in primative hunter-gatherer societies anymore. I can understand that this set up was essential for humanity's survival long ago, but why should I still have to abide by it?

No. 192335

I don't envy men, I also don't hate them I just hate society. There are specific people who are men that I hate or envy but I'd never want to be them. I also don't really blame anyone who hates or envies the other sex, even people like robots or tumblrtard radfems. I'm sure thei r experiences lead them to buy into their negative perceptions, I just think it's sad and it frustrates me to no end when people refuse to try to understand the other's side. A lot of people just do what they're told or go with how they're raised and I feel like the way society is and the way people are raised tries to pit the sexes against eachother, when it really doesn't need to be like that.

No. 192509

I used to hate myself for being a woman when I was in high school because I stumbled on MRA/redpill shit on youtube. I think all these men(and some women) telling me I was responsible for all the evil in the world appealed to my inferiority complex. Even though I got over it I did get into the whole nonbinary trend because ngl, it felt so nice to think that I could be "freed" from being a woman.

I guess I have no problems with myself as a woman anymore, nor with other women. In fact, I prefer to be around women. It just bothers me that showing too much emotion or acting like anything other than a traditional woman is going to have me labled as crazy. I act like a bitch to people who talk down to me, not because I'm trying to "smash teh patriarchy" or anything, but because I was raised in a pretty liberal family and my parents never treated me that way. I'm thankful for it tbh

I'm also a big believer in open carry for the sake of female empowerment lmao

>>192139
>stop browsing 4chan and reddit because they're just sausage parties for bitter men

I disagree. Browsing 4chan really helped me to take misogynistic propaganda less seriously. I used to get bothered as fuck by it.
Agreed so hard about the facebook feed stuff though.



File: 1495855859155.png (67.1 KB, 2400x2400, IMG_6586.PNG)

No. 192430[Reply]

Would you rather spend 24 hours locked in a room with Ashley or with a dope-sick Luna?

Would you rather have to work on an assignment with Aly or Yumi?

Would you rather have all your friends turn into fake bois or munchies?

Would you rather wrap yourself in Luna's duvet or eat a meal made by Ginge?

Would you rather walk around all day in an outfit that Yumi dressed you in or wearing a face of makeup applied by Ember?
16 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 192474

>>192446
Would you rather spend a day out with Ember or Aly?
Would you rather make a music video with PT or with Yumi?
Smell like Ashley or Lunas bed for a day?
Eat dinner with Tess Holliday or GingerJaysus?
Would you rather spend the rest of your life socialising with wannarexics or munchies?
Send Luna a bottle of laundry detergent every week or send Ashley a snack?
Wear shmegehs or Adora Batbrats second hand clothes?
Be fed by ginger or sip lunas container of lurches piss?

No. 192495

Would you rather
>Be a dungeon gf for Onision
or
>Be a plainey for Onision

No. 192497

1. Would you rather Dakota or Kiki photoshop a picture of you?

2. Would you rather live as PT during her fat weeaboo phase, or her current thinner-yet-sexually-confused-and-sad phase?

3. Would you rather have a fast food dinner with Raven or Amberlynn?

4. Would you rather watch thirty minutes of Vicky Shingles swinging around a fake sword, or watch an hour of Jill unboxing her plastic magical girl dildos?

5. Would you rather walk around in public wearing Ash's infamous cosplay "poop brooch," or a secondhand cosplay that came from Momokun?

6. Would you rather have your hair done by Margaret Palermo or Jessica Nigri?

No. 192500

>>192446
Ooh I've got one.
Would you rather be stuck in a convention hotel room for a full day with Ash or Mariah?

(Hard mode: Ash doesn't have any money for food or trinkets, Mariah has a nude photoshoot scheduled in the room.)

No. 192503

1. ashley. i feel like you guys are forgetting that if she was dopesick, luna would be shitting herself and puking, i dont really want to be in the room for that, thanks.

2. yumi

3. fakebois wouldn't bother me honestly

4. ginger

5. ember, i could deal with that tbh



File: 1441670325153.jpg (80.64 KB, 662x946, Laughing Buddha.jpg)

No. 34224[Reply]

Give/take requests regardless of mic quality.

Requests can be anything from lines out of a shitty fanfiction, to singing to whatever comes to mind.

Any takers?
706 posts and 139 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No. 189863

File: 1494347282666.png (547.29 KB, 1280x1024, 67567567.png)

>>189794
Please tell me what a naughty goy I've been.

No. 189913


No. 189928

>>189913
v pretty anon

No. 190057

>>189928
Thank you, anon!

No. 192499

>>189794
This shit is hilarious holy fuck



Delete Post [ ]
Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
| Catalog | Search
[ Rules ] [ ot / g / sty ] [ pt / snow / int ] [ meta / cream ] [ Discord ]