That was me. She was on two different meds for her POTS. Florinef and the other one I'm not sure of. She still is on at least one type of medication, because there was a lot of drama about that recently as she had to stop it for I think
insurance issues. In fact, the reason why she suddenly could walk short distances without her walker just before her wheelchair was delivered, was because they were able to restart her on it.
I won't post the screencaps again as it takes too much time, but the timeline was (give or take):
1. Jaq has dizzy spells when bending down which she says is due to BP issues for a long time
2. starts meds for low blood pressure
3. second med for low BP
4. someone mentions POTS and suddenly she starts complaining of high HR as well
5. diagnosis of orthostatic intolerance plus advice to do exercises lying down
6. Jaq starts angling for IV saline
7. finds a doctor who diagnosis her with POTS and is willing to prescribe IV saline at home 8. doctor drops her after prescribing 250 ml saline only once on account of 'not being comfortable with it'
9. Jaq finds another 'POTS literate doctor' - said doctor gives advice on compression leggings, exercise while lying down, and prescribes IV saline all at once
10. Jaq starts home infusions, 1 liter at first and then two
11. doctor refers her for a port after only two two liter infusionsPost too long. Click here to view the full text.